Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Why Why Why Why Why!?


Let's talk about the biggest question I get...... WHY? No I don't mean from the children either... I mean adults. They are constantly asking why.. "Why do you work with kids?" "Why don't you work some where that you would make more money?" "Why not work where you can get more hours with school?" If someone has thought about it they have asked!

The big answer is....


 because I love what I do. 

When you wake up and honestly get excited about something at work you are lucky! 

If you are not excited about work you probably are not in the correct field.

When I get to work I walk through other rooms in order to get to the room I work in. When the children see me they usually scream my name and run over and give me hugs. Even on a very bad day they are able to put a huge smile on my face =).

People might think working with children is difficult and they are right. At times it can be very stressful and hard but it has been the most rewarding experience that I have done in my life time. They say the best medicine is laughter and they are right! Even a crazy day filled with unhappy screaming children can be so rewarding when a child begins to laugh. :-)

Just the other day I came to realize that an infant I watched when I first started working in a daycare is now 3. 


Where has the time gone?

It is an amazing feeling to watch a child grow and turn into a great individual. A lot of the time you are there for the child's first. Their first steps there first crawl their first word. Parents are often working 40 hours a week during that time child is with you, the childcare worker.



If you are in childcare or a teacher or on your way ..Why did you get into this field? 

No comments:

Post a Comment