Blog Archive

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Less than, Greater than and Equal

Today I had a presentation for my Math for elementary students. I decided to do fractions and to play a game with my class to compare them. 




I started off with small popsicle sticks and painted them green, blue and purple. 


After the paint dried over night I took the blue pieces and glued the ends to make a less than sign. 



I then took the purple pieces and made a greater than sign.




The green pieces I then used as the equal sign.




 I put the signs on plain popsicle sticks so that they could hold the signs up with ease. 



 For the game I wrote two fractions on the board and asked my classmates to see if they were greater than, less than or equal. This is also a great activity to use when you are first teaching less than, greater than or equal.




No comments:

Post a Comment