Blog Archive

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Quiet Book Page


While looking on Pinterest my coworkers and I found several different quiet books for young children. These books were either too expensive to buy or too difficult to make. Most of the pages I was finding needed a sewing machine and a bunch of fabric. I decided to make this counting page (shown below).


  1.    I got five pipe cleaners and cut them in half.
  2. Then I got beads for each one. (Counting one to ten) I put them in a pattern but they could be attached however you want to. Since the children that will be using this are from ages two to five and using it multiple times I made sure to secure them down on the paper. 
  3.  I took tacky glue and glued each end of the ten pipe cleaners over the ends.
  4.    I then took scotch tape and went over the ends of the pipe cleaners.
  5.    I then cut three pieces of paper to go over the tops and the bottoms of the pipe cleaners.
  6.    I glued these on with tacky glue and then glued numbers one to ten and the word counting onto the page.
  7. Finally once it was completely dried I pulled on each pipe cleaner to make sure it was sturdy enough. 



No comments:

Post a Comment