Blog Archive

Monday, June 10, 2013

Ideal Classrooms


As the school year comes to an end and you begin to pack up your room think do you think about things you wish you had? I know every teacher out there has their ideal classroom but with budgets getting cut constantly most of these rooms are completely out of the question. 

However, if you won a contest and had no limit on your classroom what would you have in your ideal classroom?




The grade I am thinking about is preschool!


     In my classroom I would have some of the following things:


  •         An interactive word wall – if the students went up to the wall and touched a word it would say the word for them

  •        Huge classroom library – make sure there is enough cozy space for the students to sit down and look and read books. Reading is KEY!

  •        Technology center – some teachers are still unsure about technology but I love it! It is something that the children are going to use throughout their life so as educators I feel that we need to make sure they understand it!

  •       Science/discovery center – I want a variety of textures and scents in this center to make it fun and exciting. I have also recently seen boxes where you put stuff inside and the children use gloves to feel what is on the inside. This can be very exciting especially if you have it where the students can’t see inside.

  • ·         Storage – having a big area to store things would be great. I could go back and get new and exciting things anytime it seemed like my kids were getting bored.

  •       Dramatic play – I want real world items that would interact with the children like stoves and cash registers. I think it is important for these items to be as real as possible because it is something almost every student will be around their entire life. 

  •        Social studies- fun interactive way to help children with their social studies skills. 

  •     Math - fun ways to teach all the different types of math. Like all the different geometric shapes, adding, subtracting, sizes, and colors (to name a few).


Of course there are many many more I could list but I didn't want to go crazy. =)  

How about you?

What are some things that you would have in your ideal classroom?


Parents what are some things you wish your child’s class had? 






No comments:

Post a Comment