Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Camp

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! I know I did. I went up to camp. 

This camp really got me thinking this weekend because of the large amount of children that were there. These children were outside playing from the time they got up until it got too dark to see outside. They were running up and down the streets, riding their bikes, going to all of the different parks, swimming (even though it was only in the upper 60's), walking their pets, and playing baseball or basketball. They were all ACTIVE!! Earlier this month I talked about childhood obesity and how children need to exercise more. Even though every trailer up at this camp has television access these children were outside playing with other children having a wonderful time. 

I think this is a great experience for the children who were there and who will be going there all summer long. It allows them to see just how much fun they can have without electronics. 


No comments:

Post a Comment