Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

It's all about ME!

Need a fun ice breaker to help start off the New Year?




Let's talk all about an All About Me project!

This is a fun way for you, as the teacher to get to know all of your students! 

There are pre-made posters at different store where the children can decorate and answer what is already on the paper. Or you can take a different route and create your own like I ended up doing. This allows you to ask the children specific questions. You can also do this project at the end of the year to see how the children have changed throughout the year. 

Things you can include in the posters:

  • Name
  • Age
  • Favorite things
    • sports
    • food
    • color
  • Birthday 
  • Pets
  • Family
  • What I like to do

For older children you can create longer questions and ask why. For example you can ask what the best part of the summer was and why. This will get them back into school and allow them to practice writing. Also you, as the teacher will be able to see where your students are at the beginning of the year. 



Use different materials! Here are some suggestions:

  • Markers
  • Crayons
  • stencils
  • pom poms
  • scissors
  • colored pencils
  • glitter
  • glue
  • pictures 
  • paint
  • stickers 
  • pipe cleaners 
  • paper



Here is what I came up with for my All About Me project!




Well I have taken the leap and went on YouTube! My first video is below where I talk a little bit about my All About Me project ideas! Take a look and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment